Thursday, November 20, 2008

Money Quandry

I'm pondering my giving right now. Church says give 10%. ok. But i've never done that, having always felt I give time to church, and specific moneys to specific needs, and give most of my moneys to other things like Child's Play. Very worthy charity, but not "God driven". But is that important? Will I have less in heaven because I didn't give what I could to God? I don't think so.

I beleive there are no levels to heaven, the truelly longtime faithful do not get a better heavenly experience then the recent believers. I also have a hard time... no its stronger then that. I can't believe in a god, that would send Ghandi to hell, just because he was a Hindu did not beleive in Jesus. My current belief, is that God is huge, all things, everything we can imagine and more. Well if he is everything we can imagine, well then why can't he be everything every other major religion imagines as well? I mean if you look at it (disclaimer: i'm not an expert on religion, so i may be wrong) they all beleive in a Supreme God, by whatever name. And the rules\teachings\commandments are all pretty similar, allowing for a bit of divergence because humans are the ones writting it down and passing it on.

Anyway, what was the point? oh money. So accepting that God is more then I can imagine, I don't find it hard to beleive he finds it perfectly acceptable that I give money to a non-christian needy kids charity and not to a church that has turned into a clubhouse.

No comments: